The Knox County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) is a subdivision of state government and is governed locally by a five-member Board of Supervisors and with the support of Associate Supervisors. The SWCD exists to promote the responsible use, development, and conservation of Knox County’s natural resources and works closely with a wide variety of partners in both the private and public sectors to provide a high level of conservation service to Knox County’s landowners.
The SWCD is seeking candidates for the newly created CEO position. This full time position will lead the SWCD’s human and capital resources to carry out the will of the Board of Supervisors in order to fulfill the SWCD’s mission of conserving and restoring Knox County’s natural resources. The CEO reports to the Board of Supervisors and is an employee of Knox County.
The Knox County SWCD Board and staff are known for their innovative approaches to meeting the conservation needs of Knox County’s residents, and for their willingness to provide leadership for regional and state-wide conservation programs. Our vision is that the Knox County SWCD will be the recognized leader in natural resource conservation and environmental issues in Knox County and will further its leadership role at the state and national levels. The CEO will play a major role in bringing this vision to life.
Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree and relevant management experience
• Experience leading and empowering a team of employees in a dynamic organization
• Experience with strategic planning, fundraising, and organizational development
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Professional comportment
• Effective public speaking and media relations skills
• Lead SWCD strategic vision and efforts;
• Oversee hiring, training, and development of staff;
• Develop and execute an expense budget;
• Oversee the management of programs and grant projects;
• Serve as SWCD liaison to cooperating agencies, County and municipal officials, legislators, and the public;
• Work with the Development Director to form new partnerships and build upon existing partnerships;
• Direct and coordinate public relations, communications, and marketing;
• Represent Knox County and the SWCD on boards, committees, and task forces at national, state, and local levels;
• Prepare monthly Board meeting agendas and supporting materials in consultation with Board Chairman, staff, and committee chairs;
• Perform other duties in alignment with SWCD mission as assigned by the Board of Supervisors.
• Letter of application
• Three current reference letters
Submit required documentation to:
Knox County SWCD
Attn: Tracey Johnson
604 S. Quail Run Road
Vincennes, In 47591
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline for Consideration
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled, but those received after June 16, 2017, will not be guaranteed consideration.
This position requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.